Has returned, for the time being anyway. Upon his return, has been sure to severe one of the last connections between him and one of his first creations. No longer dependent upon that creation's blood as an antidote to maintain a living body within the forest.
Likely to keep to himself, but who knows. Undetermined mental state, therefor unpredictable.
(ewhg god, i really need to finish the other layout. some information here is probably super inaccurate.)
True Name: Ranjit Ulises Weller
Titles: The Craftsman, The Creator of Dreams
Also goes by: 'T', Xetkal, & Paradox
Size: A bit larger than #17
Speaks in: #4e3223 or #331105
Age; Mature adult
Orientation: Pansexual, monogamous
Species: Who knows
Scent: Copper, natural musk, or charcoal with an overpowering, sickly sweet odor.
• Challenging to persuade.
• A paranoid and controlling figure.
• Delights in solitude and isolation.
• Mistrusting, everyone is fucked up.
• Prefers keeping things strictly business.
• Revolves around loyalty.
• Lacking desire to connect.
• Fear driven hatred and rage.
• Rarely apathetic, but may make it seem so.
• Approves of imprisonment & constructed hierarchy.
• Easily hurt and put off.
• Mind fills gaps with untruth.
• Boisterous and playful at times.
• Easily and disturbingly enthralled.
• Most everything is a waste of time.
Based around strenuous, crippling trauma and warped horrors found in the real world with a fictional twist. Suffered a horrifying, destructive, painful childhood and gruesome death. Spent a great deal of time in another world. Was given a chance for better success by serving his higher power and was thereafter purged into The Endless Forest to fulfill orders.
At the point of death became the beast's vessel- a personification of those wicked and cruel involved with his human childhood. Has thus far been unable to overcome his beast, and loses control, unleashing his wrath and fury upon others when certain emotions can not be independently handled.
• The beast represents severe psychological trauma.
• The beast leeches onto all things bad, and holds onto all things negative. In retrospect he is those involved with his human childhood, a personification of those wicked and cruel.
• The beast often lays dormant, although there are certain triggers which have him clawing to the surface. Traces of him are often found through creations, and of course through Thane himself.
• While the beast can be passed down to creations it only exists in the way that it lives within, not that it can be projected outward as a solitary entity. From experience thus far, it has only been acquirable through further crafting and manual implementing within another creation. In other words, unlike quills, the beast living on its own is not as likely of a phenomena.
Also; - All creations are sterile(Can not become impregnated naturally or via magic, or any other way). This serves as a form of control. The best a creation can do is adopt.
- Has not granted his creations the power to create living, breathing creations of their own. Technically speaking, this would be considered handing over such a power which could easily enough overpower The Craftsman himself. Has set restrictions for all of his creations such as this to maintain control and remain 'top dog', so to speak.
• Where his and Morioch's higher power dwell.
• Induces symptoms of psychosis.
• A body can not enter, it is left behind or engulfed in flames.
• May very well lock an individual's knowledge around the world.
• The world can be shifted at will, it is never the same twice. It is guided by whomever is leading another soul.
• Inaccessible unless a direct link is somehow acquired; e.g., a doorway is opened. Does not forever bind another to the world simply by being allowed entrance. Just as well, it doesn't automatically grant creations access to it either.
• Higher power is nameless, often depicted or labeled as a demon but only due to the lack of a broader spectrum in order to deduce its actual nature and hard facts. The world is not a hell nor is the higher power even a demon.
• Due to the world's existential nature, it is regulated by its own individual spin on construct. Pushes for independence. Meaning that it never stays the same. It continues to change until it obtains independence.
• It is merely the product of a strong imagination. Initially, purely psychological before it begun to manifest in a corner of reality where it then entirely burst into existence. In other words, the world was born via Thane's mind.
• Extreme belief structure, doesn't hint at any of it or drive it down anyone's throat though.
• Quills are nonlethal and actually quite soft even when erect. Mostly risen when frustrated or angry, a warning.
• A cross between Tule Elk and African Bongo Antelope, originally based off of a lion fish.
• Eyes rotate like clockwork and are even capable of shifting color. Literally like clockwork, a soft 'ticking' can sometimes be heard if it's quiet.
• Has frequent nightmares, though they are essential for his work in the forest considering what his higher power often demands. Has grown to crave the realistic and warped horrors in his dreamworld. Good dreams are incredibly rare but possible.
• Once created a creature of war(Early 2012 at some point, Maelstrom,) which served as a direct link to his beast. Released when a twist of emotions were far too great to handle. He was reanimated and unleashed upon the forest, often with premeditated targets. Traded to his and his son's higher power in order to gain another chance at physical life and deliver what was previously promised(Jetta's soul.).
• Mother and father were both neglectful alcoholics wrapped up their own thing. 'Ranjit' was a mistake.
• Child slave and workhorse until about the age of 17, where he escaped the clutches of the facility that he grew up in.
• Parents gave him up to a facility for children. Unfortunately, during the time that he lives the facilities were not like a typical boys/girls home in the modern world.
• Was finally inscribed with a symbol tattooed on his neck at the facility. This symbol was unique and set apart from other tags at the facility. The symbol itself roughly translates to 'Soul', which was a way to bind him to his caretakers and the facility(This insignia now hidden away by fur). This particular tag was given due to his status and behavior, as if it would ward away all bad intentions and from someday escaping their reach, and even if so, even in death would forever be bound to them. It is a permanent reminder of who he was and will always be.
• Ended up in a bad crowd after escaping the facility, met a man who went by Torquil, a fat lazy bastard with a bad temper, along with his associates who partook in a business focused around live snuff. Later expanded the business by purposing that they harvest human organs and sell them via the black market. Accepted. Paradox's line of work thereafter mostly consisted of abductions and harvesting human organs, not so much directly participating in the main branch.
• Taken under Torquil's wing. After some years was to become his successor. Looked up to his boss.
• Was known to purchase slaves from time to time. Extremely neglected, often locked away in cages within his house for days on end. Kept them well fed and clean, but otherwise didn't allow them to do much.
• Entertainment mostly included watching scheduled dog fight death matches during his free time. Sick, twisted fascination with feral animals, their pain, bloodshed, and death.
• Lived fairly wealthy as an adult, while it lasted, due to his line of work.
• Dystheist(belief that a god or God is not wholly good, and is possibly evil), and in some instances practices misotheism(hatred of the gods), in the way of punishing powerful entities by refusal to worship them.
• Despite being under the ownership of a higher power and acknowledging that gods exist(even the forest gods), just isn't the pious type. In a roundabout way though, appeasing tasks often serve as a form of worship anyway. Can be sacrilegious, but often off the radar.
• Does not believe in a single god, but something along the lines of powerful entities which can overtake worlds. That said, thinks 'God' and 'Satan' alone are a false and meager concept; does not acknowledge 'angels' and 'demons', registers it as a very black and white concept.
• Believes that creation has no real origin, simply, it has always and will always continue to infinitely expand by both natural and unnatural events. Undeniably stems from how he propelled a world all his own into existence. (See 'Another World' under 'Summary'.)
• Does not believe in 'heaven or hell', rather a centralized network that all interconnects via the astral plane. Not so much a belief as it is firsthand experience. Despite this, has a clear understanding of what heaven and hell are often depicted as, and can not deny that some worlds could easily enough fit the description.
• Although Thane tends to rebel against gods in his own way, is surprisingly reciprocal with most of the more binding laws his higher power has, such as not seeking ways to free himself(which is likely the case because, despite the nature of his other world, finds solace in it.) As well as not directly handling or tampering with souls in a way that could overthrow his higher power, rather than serve as an advantage to complete given tasks, or empower his sovereign.
• Does not entirely understand the concept of holidays which serve as a way to celebrate a god. Mostly a foreign concept due to the fact that during Thane's time period as a human, religion was for the most part abolished and thus far, there's been no annual celebrations in his other world. Able to piece certain things together though, given that he is familiar with 'important people' during his time period which were reflected on fondly, even if there was nothing necessarily worldwide(Didn't live in a world made up of nations) to celebrate them. In any case, unlikely to celebrate anything in a way that is devotional.
Binds To The Mnemonist
• Fused souls, by the hands of their higher power. Occurred with his son's first appearance in the other world. Became property alongside Thane.
• Ongoing exploration and learning experiences via visiting memories. Knows all about the short-haired feline named Fritters. Will never let it go.
• Acquired a murex shell from his son. Contains deep red garnet gems with a mixture of his heir's blood and a black pearl to serve as a cork. Really the only gift he's ever received and accepted? Treasured. Has an unspoken ability. More recently modified with a way to store memories which can be accessed when need be. Will never forget anything again!
• Highly dependent on Morioch after modifying samples of their blood which when consumed turned it toxic to the self. Requires 'the antidote' on a regular basis otherwise begins to experience symptoms similar to that of mercury poisoning.
• Possesses a sliver of his successor's heart, put in place of the missing piece from his own.
• An Osprey(fish hawk).
• A panda and wolf plush.
• An immortal squirrel used as a test subject. Caged up somewhere.
• A Maelstrom plush with glow in the dark eyes. A gift from Morioch. - R.I.P. Set fire to it during a dumb tantrum.
• The top half of a horse skull, a gift from Pandora. Hasn't decided what to do with it yet.
• An assortment of miscellaneous items that aren't interesting enough to include on this list.
Objects are often gathered within dreams, although may acquire base objects outside of them to lessen the workload. The purpose of this ability is mostly to create creatures of war for his higher power, but sometimes strays if someone has caught word and comes to him to try and strike a nice deal. Thus far what he can deliver seems infinite; otherworldly and ethereal possessions to simpler possessions, skulls and other items not commonly found within this forest.
What The Craftsman desires in return is nothing fixed, it can range from a minuscule or intense task, often doing something for him in return, within the individuals own abilities. If the deal isn't sweet enough he will decline, doesn't like wasting his time, and figures that he can get back to work on more important things.
Often times he is a lousy businessman with a skewed idea of what he considers even, unless an individual is on good terms or knows how to work him right. Does however always deliver, fair is fair so long as whoever he struck a deal with comes through. More often than not requests his half first.
In other words, he is one of the shittiest businessmen ever and probably not worth the time.
So much for awesome tools and strenuous manual labor. There's actually something quite delicate about The Craftsman's process and the place it is done in.
Everything he crafts is done in a space between dreams(More specifically nightmares) and another world.
'His workshop', which breaks down an individual to their very core. Items are handled similarly. Works with individual particles, every individual items broken down matter, in order to successfully shape and enchant. This 'space' is inaccessible to others without a helpful hand, however nonetheless a scrupulous transition that he'll probably never help out with anyway.
Morioch - Son, brother, best friend, lover. All the things.
Mateo - Father figure, but wavering.
Morikiah - Adopted brother. Betrayal.
Prussia - An old partner. Betrayal, abandonment.
Syahi - An older partner. Betrayal. Killed and put her body to good use.
Galene - Mother figure. Betrayal, abandonment.
Jokerman - Doesn't even know anymore. No longer paranoid of.
Ramsus - Once an enemy of sorts. Mostly avoided nowadays.
Eraline - Daughter figure. Watched her get killed by a predator.
Pandora - Son's friendship fling thing. Finally had enough of her though.
Phaios - Knew for a long time. Dead, loved but never spoken.
Miyako - Old partner. Treated horribly, for some reason. No regrets though.