I: Brontide | Spring

Iaurdagnire's picture
Part I | Part II | Part III | Part IV

I.

"Dag, why do you look sad? You never look sad."

"Oh, nothing my dear. In fact I'm smiling now that you're with me. You make very pleasant company." The giant sat very still and looked at the skyline, where the sun was just beginning to touch the hills beyond the pond and drape it's colour over the landscape; gold and pink trickling down the trees like water.
"When you're older, you'll learn that there are simply things you cannot prevent from happening. Some are good, and some are bad. Like how you cannot stop the day from ending; the sun from setting." His face broke into half a smile, half a frown as he dislodged a fallen leaf from behind his ear.

"But," Amazon wrinkled her nose trying to understand what he had said. It didn't make much sense at all in her eyes, but eventually she said, "you can't stop the sun from rising, either. Everyone knows that, silly."

Dag looked down at the giggling fawn and smiled, chuckling, like he'd been reminded of something.

"Hm-hm... You're quite right."

II.

Iaurdagnire accepts and embraces his inevitable trials that come with every turn of the seasons. Any time spent on his own prior to their appearance is simply preparation, perhaps even in order to force their agenda. Yet, he can't seem to understand how the want to be alone is misconstrued. The want to simply... be. No questions, no pity, no best wishes for what may be ahead. He lives in the moment knowing that nothing can be done to stop tomorrow coming, and what ever comes between him and tomorrow will be overcome on his terms and the faith in those around him.

"Hello Ravyn."
The dark slender doe slithered around the ruins effortlessly and sank to the ground beside him facing the wall. She was curiously buoyant on the stone; like how crude oil sits on water. Close, but not touching. They silently shared that liking for a barrier.
Very few words are ever spoken between them, and now was no different. They say nothing to each other and sit hidden by the wall behind and exposed at the same time by the broken pillars in front, comforted by the low wall surrounding them. Kaoori - unaccompanied by her fawn this evening - soon found and joined them.

"Dag, can I ask you... Why have you kept moving away from Virgil today?" The stag's patterned face sank in a sigh with the sound of her concern.
"You must forgive me, Kaoori, for it is difficult to explain." He paused for an impossibly long time in absolute stillness before he finally found the right combination of words.
"I liken them to wolves. Their instinct is to chase when a deer's instinct tells them to run. That is all but lost in me, however, in Virgil... I cannot let him watch over me as closely as he does. The tree I frequently sleep under is where they have come for me when I am alone, but recently I have found him there, waiting for me." His brow furrowed, "I fear his constance is what brings Spring's reluctance. I am not fearful, but his guard is out of fear for what could come."

Dag noticed Ravyn's eyes swivel backwards, her velvet soft ears rotating in the same instance. Her clam yet piercing stare landing squarely on his.
"Like a worm from a bird."

III.

I don't understand... This isn't me.
This isn't me at all.
Tense, pensive, un-enthused by those around me and increasingly rude to Virgil... Of all the deer in the forest to take it out on. Perhaps friends are my greatest weakness... I cannot assume that they are willing to turn a blind eye, force them to not take notice or worry. I can't simply say to them "it'll be okay", it seems empty, despite the confidence in my stubborn will to not let these old-as-time Season Spirits dictate my fate. I owe them nothing, but my friends? The forest? Everything. We have a history of folding, giving in, destroying whatever is in our path; that is why we are too quick and too desperate to build our loved ones protection with bloody tines if necessary.
We are insecure.

But all of us make small differences in each others lives, and I was wrong to think I could protect myself and my friends by facing it alone. I may have been alone when the greed of early Winter came, and when the venomous Autumn tried to infect my spirit - and I may be alone when Spring finally pushes up those daffodils. But it will always be the individuals in my life who are victorious when I truly need them, who turn my earth and make that sun rise.

Today, I am reminded of who I am.

I don't dwell on past.
I don't wait for future.

I am simply now; that is all I'll ever be.

---

"Sister Autumn, Brother Winter,
Our servant - this time - is strong.
It will soon be my turn now;
The wait will not be long."

---

Amazon's picture

DAG. O:

DAG. O:

<333333~!

Iaurdagnire's picture

=) Sorry I left so quickly -

=)
Sorry I left so quickly - my game crashed. Amazon is officially the first character to be involved in an upcoming community event...

awww how very true

awww how very true <3
Iaurdagnire's picture

Thanks Sunflare, I thought so

Thanks Sunflare, I thought so too =)
arrowdoe's picture

~

~ <3
Reyy's picture

You both are awesome.

You both are awesome.
Verycrazygirl's picture

This is so sweet. x3

This is so sweet. x3

Kiraki's picture

Awwww

Awwww <3
Iaurdagnire's picture

New =)

New =)
Seed's picture

Mysterious.

Kaoori's picture

oh! There's more! .. I am

oh! There's more!
.. I am very intrigued by this..
Reyy's picture

I actually squealed when I

I actually squealed when I read this.
You captured Ravyn's personality perfectly.
I'm actually really... shocked that Ravyn was written about.
Thank you. (:

You did wonderfully.
I'm adding this into Circadian Rhythm. <3

`` Oh. Also, Ravyn cares for Dag a lot, although words are not always spoken between them.
So, even though she might act a little cold, she really cares for Dag and doesn't want to let him go. :/
Quote:
Like a worm from a bird

...I'm just making sure you know she's actually kindhearted sometimes, okay? (:
Pegasicorn's picture

I should keep track of this,

I should keep track of this, since I'm enjoying the writing and am curious. =]
Iaurdagnire's picture

Ravyn -> I'm glad you liked

Ravyn -> I'm glad you liked it so much! And the "Like a worm from a bird" part wasn't meant to sound cold-hearted at all... Perhaps I'll amend it slightly if that's how it's coming off, sorry ^^'

Thanks all those who are following, things are a bit 'wtf' but hopefully it'll be clearer soon.
Reyy's picture

NO. DON'T CHANGE

NO.
DON'T CHANGE ANYTHING.
Seriously...
Everything is perfect and if you change it I'll be pissed. Sticking out tongue
Hraeth's picture

Krrrrtrackin'~.

Krrrrtrackin'~.
Iaurdagnire's picture

Now we don't want that do

Now we don't want that do we... *doesn't edit anything for fear of her life* haha <3

Why thank you Hreath! Last update incoming in the next hour =)
Kaoori's picture

*paces!!* ffff Dag

*paces!!* ffff Dag