Gustiro, a stag from my childhood.
From the gray one's childhood.
You don't recognize me, I'm sure.
I'll sneak up while you sleep
And lay by your side.

If I hadn't dozed off,
I might have seen you depart, as well.

But it's alright.
I find a friend from earlier in the day.
And another
And another
And the loss of Gustiro
Seems a little lessened.

♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

October 4th

♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

Bruised from yesterday's fun,
I felt my control slipping.
He stirred.

The terror of darkness was
Dampened by my exhaustion.

I let him wake.

It was just like olden days.
Just like that,
Except he wasn't crying.

We sat together.
We sat.

When he fell asleep again,
It was to the sound of birds.

Even now, he doesn't stir.
Even though I romp and play.
Even though I laugh and shout.
He is peaceful.

Is this how it could be?
Could we exist like this,
Together?

I fear I could be wrong.

I fear a future of darkness,
Where he finds another light
And I am cast into shadow.

I fear it.

♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

Is this what it feels like to be rested?
To gain a night's sleep,
And wake without the pain
Of having
Run and run and run...
For hours that you can't recall?

I felt him sitting close by.
He felt warm, but didn't burn.

We sat atop a pillar at the ruins.
Together, we watched the forest.

I felt peaceful.

I drifted off into a peaceful slumber.
Not like usual.
Not like the deep sleep.

That deep slumber
He presses upon me.

The one where
I promise myself:
If I never wake up,
I won't blame him.

...I try so hard not to blame him.

♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

October 3rd

♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

A circle of mushrooms,
And... what is this?
A blazing sun, high overhead?

A stranger that feels
Familiar to my soul,
Yet I do not know his face.

I could cry for joy.

He sits so far off...
Even in this place,
I feel alone.

But I am thankful for the sunrise.

♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

The forest is alight.
We dance together in discordant harmony,
Minions of the same master.

A fire that spreads across the forest,
Consuming the weak-minded.

This cacophony of movement
Exhausts my reserves.

I'll rest for now.

Enjoy the sunlight,
Little gray one.

♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

October 2nd

♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

I wake with a weary mind
And aching limbs.

And memories of things
That never happened.

Ysreal, I dreamt of you.

♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

He sleeps.

The forest is bright
And full of life.

I know you, pretty doe.
The warmth in his darkness.
The warmth that doesn't burn.

I'll keep you from him.

That way, when he chooses,
He'll choose me.

♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

In a cold world,
There is no choice.

One must burn,
Lest both freeze.

♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

A false sun.
Heat without reason.
Warmth that singes.

I watch the fire and
Am overwhelmed by
Its simple purpose.

To burn.

To survive.
To thrive.

I am alone, yet not.
The one that keeps me company
Is the fire in my soul.

The false sun
Who tells me to come closer.

The one who tells me to burn.

♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

Previously...

In September

For those of you who are totally confused (or just tuning in), Vodun became so depressed in September by the loneliness of the festival grounds that he cracked. The "fire" he's referring to is an invisible friend his subconscious created to keep him company. It goes by the same name, Vodun (or Vo). As time progressed, the friend became fidgety. It knew that once the forest became bright again, it would die. Like a fire, it chose to consume its surroundings... the mind that created it... in order to survive. It lures Vodun into his own mind with a promise of warmth and comfort that the forest can no longer provide.

Now, Vodun's mind is split between red and gray.

If you meet Vodun in the forest from this time forward, you are probably playing with the red (fire) personality. He laughs, hops, and generally makes a fool of himself, regardless of whether anyone is watching or enjoying the attention.

If Vodun is acting shy, nuzzling more, or wanting to sleep, you're most likely playing with the gray personality. Consider this rarity an honor, since Red is picky about who he lets Gray interact with.

Neither personality is aggressive. Gray will recede if something frightening happens, and Red will laugh it off (and often play with the cause of the fright), defending himself only when he's forced to.

♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

Feel free to interact with him here ♥
Just keep in mind that I do have a sort of "plot" in mind, so please don't be sad or feel dejected if you can't "fix" him. He was made to be broken.

(No subject)

<~twack~>

shaku's picture

Updated music~ Thank you,

Updated music~

Thank you, Kitty! X3

Update: I'm adding a bunch of stuff to October 2nd.. mostly because I haven't been able to update before now (been busy) and I didn't want to wait any longer.

Update2: Added a "Previously..." at the bottom for those who don't want to go back and read September's blog (or who want more of an explanation). If you prefer to remain slightly fuzzy about the details of what's happening, feel free to ignore it.

Update3: October 3rd update! To reflect the epic flash mob-ness that Vodun was able to join~

Awesome, and -- "The forest

Awesome, and --

"The forest is alight.
We dance together in discordant harmony,
Minions of the same master."

Love that Makime appears to be some sinister overlord here. xD
shaku's picture

Pff, he totally was/is XD Did

Pff, he totally was/is XD Did you see all the sheep we gathered together? Totally took over the forest and made a mockery of the peace.

Vodun and I loved it.

Edit: Changed something, then put it back. Disregard the update, sorry ;u;

Ysrael's picture

/flail c:

/flail
c:
FillMeUp's picture

Tracking this, as well.

Tracking this, as well.

Shame on me for not stalking

Shame on me for not stalking this. B|
shaku's picture

You gaaaaiz ;u; *sniffles

You gaaaaiz ;u; *sniffles happily*
Thanks so very, very much! ♥

Update: Oh man, Vodun saw a fight today!
He hid behind another deer (the one they were fighting over, I believe, although he didn't realize it, since he didn't understand what was going on) like the young thing he is, and then ran off a short ways when the other deer came to claim its prize.

I wish I knew their names ;u; I think one was Dinah Moon? But I'm not sure~ It all happened really fast, and Vo wouldn't get close enough to see their pictos clearly.

shaku's picture

(Finally replying to your

(Finally replying to your post from the other diary, Ysrael~ Sorry it took me so long ;u; )

-----

Vodun's eyes widened as she approached the light. He felt a thrill of fear that had nothing to do with a pleasant sunrise, and everything to do with the ball of flame eating away at the unfortunate tree. He wanted to yell at her to back away, but something inside him wanted to watch. It wanted to see what the flame would do. Wanted something to burn.

Even if that something is Ysrael...

"Ysrael!" he bellowed, leaping forward. A piece of glowing bark jumped down onto him, singeing his pelt, but he ignored it. Her words gave him a second's pause, but more than ever, he was aware. Aware of the dying tree. Aware of the smoke that burned his nostrils and filled his lungs, and the heat that dried and made the skin tighten across his cheeks. He coughed, stepping in front of the doe and bodily pushing her back.

The tree split in two, one side crashing down and raining red embers across the ground. The rain swarmed around them, killing them instantly and leaving the ground scarred black. It was true, the flame was dying. And so was the tree.

This warmth was destructive.

This light was false.

False? No, not false.

This light consumes. It breathes. It eats.

It dies.

This light is -alive-.

"That's more true than the sun will ever be..." he murmured softly, a smile pulling at the corners of his mouth.

Aww this update... pretty

Aww this update... pretty perfectly captures how it was. xD Vodun just sounds so sincere, I love that.

Haha, Ravus was (obviously) being weird today--she gets that way around Geisha, you know, and she's all about balance--sometimes she'll do the opposite of what she really wants which in this case was to lie close to her friends.

Mostly I regret that she sprung off and by the time she doubled back around to Geisha, Vodun was gone... and therefore he left with this last weird impression of Ravus abandoning both of you! xD Sorry about that! She DID come back, haha, and at least mentally she did say good-bye to Vo.
shaku's picture

I knooooow ;u; When Ravus lay

I knooooow ;u; When Ravus lay down next to the tree, Vo was like, "UMWHAT get yer butt over here and warm my other side"

......lolkidding. He was more just shocked that his friend would rest so far away, and was scared that Ravus would think he cared more about Geisha (whom he'd just met) than he did about her.

So Ravus has a weird thing with Geisha, hnn? >u>

I knew when I logged on that Vo wouldn't have much time to play~ I was really happy that he got to actually see and meet someone (two people!) instead of just hopping around sporadically. But when Vo lies down, we never expect people to lay as long as he does, so it's perfectly reasonable that Ravus went hopping off XD

Hahaha! She kind of knew she

Hahaha! She kind of knew she was being a jerk at least. When Vodun told her to come over she was kind of like "... he figured me out. My plan is ruined. *Sulk, sit down on other side.* My life is so hard!" Aw, Vodun... it was really nice that he did that though.

Yeah. xD JD has been kind enough to let Ravus semi-stalk Geisha recently and I'm trying to rein it in, rein it it...

"I was really happy that he got to actually see and meet someone (two people!) instead of just hopping around sporadically."

... That made me LOL. Aw, Vo.... normally Ravus WILL lie down next to a friend forever (or if she does take off, she'll return, she just has itchy feet). She'll definitely do that for Vo (her weirdness at whatever time permitting).

I love windowed mode and that it suddenly allows my deer to exhibit something that looks like patience. xD it was so nice to log on and see you, too. I'm still getting used to your picto for some reason but Vo's set is unmistakable!

Edit - Because I just read this entry and had to say something about it! I loved it, so sad and... once again, I just love how sincerely Vo always seems to feel, whichever personality it is.
Ysrael's picture

(Aw, it is no problem. I've

(Aw, it is no problem. I've been busy too lately orz; @__@ )

~ ~ ~

The deafening roar of the fire made Ysrael's breath catch in her throat as it fell over their heads, crashing and sizzling downwards upon the earth in death's last display. The remaining flames flickered and spat angrily, exhausting the rest of their fuel and oxygen among the damp air.

Ysrael's legs shook beneath her and she took a step back, the last of the adrenaline ebbing from her body. She saw Vodun's twisted smile, but could not make out his words over the falling rain and dying embers.

"Vodun..." she called to him, again stepping backwards. "Come away... and we will await the return of our true sun..."
shaku's picture

At her words, which rang

At her words, which rang clear above the fire's roar, Vodun blinked away the madness. The smile dropped from his face, and the look of stunned, frightened shock returned to it.

He followed her back, staying as close as he reasonably could, shivering despite the fire's heat. His skin burned and froze in turns, the rain and fire acting cruelly upon it.

"Our true sun..." he echoed dully, nodding. But his heart was heavy. The true sun. The light that hung high in the sky. The one that had abandoned them.

The one that doesn't live...

...But then, how could it die?

It wasn't dead. It had chosen to leave them here, alone, in the darkness.

-----------

(Oh, good XD That makes me feel better~)

shaku's picture

Ravus; Haha~! Aww, silly

Ravus; Haha~! Aww, silly Ravus!

LOL! I love the concept of "letting" someone stalk XD I take it Geisha doesn't particularly care for this? |D

Your "X-files" thing (aside from getting Ravus and Karuna mixed up) sealed your picto for me. I wish I could think of something so iconic for Vo's XD But yeah, he looks pretty weird, so feel free to rely on that.

Awuuu, thank yooou! ;u; ♥ I'd happily write just for myself, but sometimes it's nice to know that others enjoy it. (Not begging for comments here, promise!) ♥ ♥

Yeah, I... don't know. xD

Yeah, I... don't know. xD They have a weird little relationship, and I think they're both kind of emotionally crippled, um, reserved. I have no idea what Geisha makes of it; JD just said Geisha probably likes the attention. Really it just creeps ME out having a stalker character. xD

Anyway, I'm ALWAYS reading Vo's stuff, just so you know. If I ever don't comment it's probably more in the way of "........WELL? And then what?" like you do with a good book... Sometimes you need more of the writing to digest it properly. :3

Supertrack. I swear Shaku,

Supertrack.

I swear Shaku, I'm in love with Vodun. XD
shaku's picture

Ravus; Haha~ It's so funny,

Ravus; Haha~ It's so funny, because Ravus always seems to confident to me, so the fact that she's awkwardly stalking someone totally cracks me up XD

Awwww *warm fuzzies* ;u; *snugs* LOL, that is so kickass XD I feel so special~ *writewritewrite*

Ryff; Omgggthankyou!! ♥

Ysrael's picture

Ysrael nuzzled his neck as

Ysrael nuzzled his neck as they walked, softly brushing her lashes against his cheek.

"Have faith in our sun, Vodun... For it never truly leaves us. It is always present, even if not visible. Just like the endless beating of our own hearts, deep within our chests..."

She cast a wary glance at the smoldering heap of embers they had left behind. Soon it would be swallowed by the rain, and then by the forest itself, giving up its own life to create something new its place. So was the cycle of the life web.

"It is always turning. Never ending. We will awake when it returns."

*stalkstalkstalk* Hey, can I

*stalkstalkstalk*

Hey, can I RP with Ryff in here?
shaku's picture

Ryff; Go for it! Although

Ryff; Go for it! Although forgive me for taking a long time. Until December 3rd, I'm doing student teaching. But believe me, I'd much rather be replying to this than preparing lessons, haha.

shaku's picture

Sorry for the wait, Ysrael!

Sorry for the wait, Ysrael! ♥

-----------

"Yes.."

Vodun wanted to believe. Truly, he did. And with Ysrael so close by, he almost felt the purity of her words.

Like the beating of our hearts...

If a heart can be trusted.

His heart twisted, feeling dry, like the bark of the burning tree.

But Ysrael was warm and soft, and calmed his shivering.

"Come on, let's get out of the rain," he said quickly, looking around for the great mushrooms that appeared often during these times.

shaku's picture

Updated. I wanted to have

Updated. I wanted to have certain things finished in October... But I don't want to rush now that I don't have enough time ;n; Darnit.

Oh, I can't comment too much

Oh, I can't comment too much because I have to be at class in an hour, but this update is so interesting... struggle between the two personalities, and gray is winning? I'm looking forward to seeing where this is going, and as always, I love the way you write these. Very succinct but still effective.
Ysrael's picture

There is no need to

There is no need to apologize~

~ ~ ~

The two bodies moved away from the dying tree, with it's dying flames and dying warmth. Ysrael took one last glance behind her as she walked, wondering what would become of the smoldering log once all it's energy was spent.

"Where do you think it's life will go, when it is gone...?" she asked Vodun, her ears low against her head.
Her question hung in the damp air, muffled by the rain. Her eyes fixed on the ground beneath her, and the bending of the grass as her hooves moved over their stalks.