Death and Life (Amary)

There have been so many deaths lately, it seems...
Tyerk...When? How? Why didn't I hear about it sooner? Why did no one tell me? Though I feel sad about every death I hear of, this is the first time it's been someone I actually knew.

I didn't know him very well, but I always liked him, and I hoped we could be friends. I'm certain we could have, with a little more time.

I remember that time in the playground... Thinking about it now brings tears... We were having fun. We played at "deer stacking". It didn't last long, but I enjoyed myself.

And now I can't believe he's gone... And, it's been a while, it seems. And I never knew about it. I had noticed I hadn't seen him around. But I didn't realize...

Then there's the stag that was called, I think, Wesker... I never met him. I may have seen him, but I'm not sure. They say...Darkweaver is...responsible... I didn't believe it. I didn't want to believe it. But now...I know... And it has me very confused. I have seen Darkweaver fight others...in fact, now that I think of it, I think I have seen him fight Wesker... But I never thought... I understand why, but I think there could have been another way. Or, maybe that's just a desperate wish... Even the Priest said sometimes there is no other way. I'm just so confused... I can't be mad at Darkweaver, or disappointed, but I am saddened. I don't know what to think of all this.

Why these things have to happen, why anyone has to die, I will never understand. I used to think this place was a paradise...death isn't supposed to happen here. But, now I know better. In a paradise, there would be no fighting, no death, everyone would be happy. I only wish everyone could be happy. I wish I could help everyone, that I could make everyone happy. Once I thought I could, but now I realize it is impossible.

Or is it? Maybe there is still a way. I can't lose hope...

I can't lose hope, and I was reminded why yesterday. Although some may die, there is still room for new life. Life that should be, in fact, impossible. I don't know how, how a stag could have fawns, but...Well, that doesn't matter. It's a miracle either way. Maybe this proves that there really is nothing that is impossible. And the little fawns...so precious...

I had joined Virgil in watching over Revtheyr. Now I understand why he seemed distant before, he was worried for Rev. I'm sorry I ever felt upset, it was not needed, it was selfish. When I found him later, he was sitting with Rev still, and Rev was asleep. I sat with them. When Virgil left, I stayed. I barely know Rev, having really only met him once, and just a short time ago. But I felt protective. I felt someone had to be there, to watch over him, and his children. So I stayed. I stayed for a while even after Iaurdagnire showed up. I guess they're friends, it seems. I have had this protective feeling before, with sick or injured deer, or friends that are shy. But this time, with the fawns there...I wondered what it would be like to have some of my own. Of course, since I don't have a mate or anything, it will be a while, if ever.

And...somehow...for some reason...the thought of...of Bastilion comes to mind. But then, I have been thinking of him a lot lately, even more since...that day...and I haven't seen him since then... I don't know why I think of him, in particular, and not others that I haven't seen in even more time...or at least not as much, since I do still think about them now and then. I think I should ask someone about this...but I don't know who would be best to ask...

But, that's another subject entirely. The fawns...Oh, I'd love to see them some more. And I want to get to know Revtheyr more. I want to help out in any way I can.

Those fawns... Maybe I wasn't wrong about this being a paradise after all. Even though there is death, there is also life, and miracles can still happen. I suppose it all balances out, doesn't it?

~Amary~

----
I wasn't going to write anything. But then I was inspired. Partly by Arrikanez's and Moss's writings, which I have just read finally.
I think the news of the fawns really cheered Amary up when she was feeling a bit melancholy. She's really excited about them.
Zergarikiaka's picture

83 More wonderful

83 More wonderful writing.
(I think Dark's glad Amary's not mad at him (even if there's that sadness). XD He's already been getting lectured/antlersmacked/stalked.)
And the fawns are AMAZING. 8D

Moss's picture

Murh, lovely.. I really

Murh, lovely.. I really enjoyed reading it. <3

If you're interested in how/why Ty died:
It's written here.
Rev's still blaming himself for it, though..

He died not too long before his friend, Wesker..

OH, you've seen it. XD Sorry!

9 Wook nameless No Walkeri

*,--|
Aegle's picture

<3 Great writing! It really

<3 Great writing! It really gets your point across!

@ all: thanks! :3 @Moss:

@ all: thanks! :3

@Moss: Yeah, I read that yesterday, I just didn't comment. ^^;

@Zerg: Yeah I figured he didn't need any more of that kind of thing. XD Besides, Amary never really gets angry. The worst she's been was slightly annoyed. Where others might get angry, she just gets sad and/or confused instead.

~Paz
deer: Amary, Melinoe, Oisín, Maera, Andras