Fools, all of them! (Melinoe)

(just a note: in Mel's profile I said she is capable of changing between adult and fawn forms at will, but I've decided she won't be able to do that until she actually grows up...so, for now, she is actually a fawn, though she acts mature.)
----------

There were too many deer around the ruins. They're all fools!

It wouldn't have been a problem if they had showed the proper respect, or if they at least kept quiet, rather than fooling around like they were. I've seen deer come to the ruins to rest. This, I don't mind, as long as they don't show such disrespect to the spirits, and leave me alone.

First, there was that obnoxious fawn. Then, those two stags. I had seen them before, apparently sparring, as far as I could tell from a distance. And then they ran over here. One just sat down quietly. But the other, the striped one, just kept running circles around the graves like an utter fool! I told him to quit it. I told him to back off. He just laughed at me! How dare he laugh at me! My threats didn't phase him. Darn this fawn's body! How can anyone take me seriously? At least he finally calmed down, and sat quietly like the other one. Until more deer came. There were too many deer! I couldn't chase them all away. They weren't actually doing any harm, anyway. But I just wanted to be left alone. I slipped away into the shadows.

Several deer were running around near the pond. Acting like fools, of course. That pond seems to be where the most foolishness takes place. I saw those two sparring deer again. I watched, from behind a tree. It could have been interesting. But a fawn saw me, and was much too persistent in trying to get me to join in on the foolishness. I told the fawn to back off, to leave me alone. And then I slipped into the shadows again and moved to another tree. That fawn followed me! And wouldn't leave me alone! It just didn't seem to get the message, no matter what I did. I don't like fighting. I don't like to attack if I can help it. But my patience was slipping. I almost hit the fawn that time. It finally ran off.

That's when I saw a red stag. I couldn't help but watch him, trying to stay out of sight. After all, he had the red pelt, the pelt of the crying idol. That idol that so resembles the smaller ones near the ruins. He saw me. He came close, too close. He bowed. I refuse to bow back. I lowered my head (if only I had antlers). I didn't want him to come closer. But he did, anyway. I backed away. He pursued. I lowered my head again. I reared. I yelled at him to back off. Why didn't he understand? He nuzzled me... He nuzzled me? Did he think I was just troubled? Did he think I needed comforting like a little child? Foolish stag. He doesn't understand. I didn't want him near me and I certainly don't want to be touched! I ran. I went into the shadows. I didn't come out until I got back to the ruins.

There was another deer there. In my sleeping spot! At least he came out when I yelled at him. But then he laughed at me! He wouldn't stop laughing, and when I tried to disappear, he kept following me! The stupid stag wouldn't leave me alone! Did he think this was all a game? A fawn showed up, and began following me as well. I told them to leave me alone, but they wouldn't listen. The stag just kept laughing. At least the fawn didn't laugh. But it acted like it thought I was playing. Idiot fawn! My anger built up until I couldn't take it any more. I attacked. I reared up and hit the moronic stag with my hooves. He laughed. He was still laughing! My hooves may be small, but I must have bruised him. Why did he insist one laughing at me? And still I couldn't get away.

At some point, I realized that red stag was there, at the ruins. I didn't see him arrive. He sat quietly next to another deer. That stag didn't bother me again. Perhaps he finally understood. Or maybe not quite. He actually bowed to that fawn, or maybe he was bowing to the stag, I couldn't tell.

I had to get away. If I simply ran off, those deer probably would have followed me. I refused to attack again, though it clearly had little effect. I leaped into the pit, where I sleep, and took refuge in the shadows. I disappeared into the space between light and dark, between life and death, where the spirits roam.

I think I'll stay and rest here for a while, away from the foolishness that is so rampant on the outside.

------------------------

(deer mentioned: Baal, Virgil, the Priest, Cloud, Scarecrow, and several other deer that I don't know)
Haru's picture

Aha! So you were that fawn

Aha! So you were that fawn at the ruins! I was wondering if you were just playing or were actually attacking that stag XD the laughing kept throwing me off so I assumed it was just play, looks like I was wrong XD
-----

Updates

AHA. So you were the one who

AHA.
So you were the one who was angry with Scarecrow. -pats Mel- Don't fret over it, he's just a miscreant who thinks violence is funny.
"I reared up and hit the moronic stag with my hooves. He laughed. He was still laughing!"
He would've laughed no matter the age. He find all assault hilarious, even that which is committed against him. I love my little psycho deer. :'D

Ah, I see. X3 Not that it

Ah, I see. X3
Not that it would matter to Mel, even if she knew that. She'd probably take it personally, anyway.

@Haru: Yeah, well Melinoe doesn't play. She thinks it's foolish. She's not exactly a normal fawn.
-------------------------------------
Nueva Paz
Just call me Paz.
deer: Amary, Melinoe
ocean's picture

The Priest: "Had we only

The Priest: "Had we only met in other circumstances. Calm yourself, little fawn. I only wish to help you. I did not mean to anger you. It pains me to see a respectable fawn such as yourself so angered. Perhaps you know of the spirits of my brothers, the ones whose graves surround the ruins. I see that you respect that place now as do I. Though I cannot say I respect the strange idols that seem to have appeared.

You see, I cannot help my courteousness. I bow to every deer. Perhaps these deer did not understand that this place was special to you. So I bowed and shall continue to do so.

I am concerned for you, little fawn. Perhaps you need love more than you readily admit. I shall respect your wishes, though. Approach me if you ever wish to, for I shall be a listening ear. I have been far too foolish in the past. "

Haha, something tells me that The Priest would actually like her very much if they hadn't met when she was angry. She doesn't like playing & respects the spirits at the ruins (though I think she also respects the idols, which could be a problem. xD) It was great meeting her and nicely written. Poor Melinoe
---
My break may be over, as I have found my inspiration again. I don't know how often I'll be on though.

Yeah, from what I

Yeah, from what I understand, those idols are Pagan graves. And it's not the graves Melinoe is interested in. She has kind of a connection with spirits and ghosts and the like, and has just always preferred them over the living. She doesn't really care what they believed in, since she doesn't really believe in anything herself.
And thanks. X3

Mel: Feh... You're all the same... *turns and disappears once more into the shadows*

Nueva Paz
Just call me Paz.
ocean's picture

Hm, I didn't know that.

Hm, I didn't know that. Shocked Yeah, The Priest is just interested in the graves. No real connection to spirits or anything. :3 Fair enough. That's actually kinda sweet. xP

The Priest: "Perhaps we are. I am assuredly not without my flaws. Now I must keep my promise to you." He walks off.
---
My break may be over, as I have found my inspiration again. I don't know how often I'll be on though.

Opps...I think Lulu was at

Opps...I think Lulu was at fault. My bad D8

Luis

Want to see some artwork. Then come visit my DA gallery
http://transylvaniandreams.deviantart.com

Oh, I don't remember. Well,

Oh, I don't remember.
Well, it's fine, in any case. I wouldn't have expected you to understand everything that Melinoe was doing.

Nueva Paz
Just call me Paz.