Together or Against[RP]{Closed}

Kamaya's picture
Together or Against

Welcome to a new RP! This time I had in mind to make a kind of RP series called Together or Against.

How come?
Well, as the title of the RP says, it's just RPs where your characters will meet mine, just like in any other RP, you'll have to choose rather being friend with my character(s) or against. You can also be against him/her/them at the beginning and be his/her/their friend at the end or friend at the beginning and ennemy at the end. You decide.

So, what's the difference between these and the other RPs?
Guess. You'll probably find out...or not. Or maybe there's no difference at all.

What kind of RP it's gonna be?
I was thinking about an adventure RP, what do you think? Beware, it may be a big, even HUGE RP. But it's up to you.

How many characters are allowed?
Five, no more. One of mine and four others. Or perhaps six if a sixth person really want to join too.

How many RP there will be in your "series"?
Maybe four, one for each of my characters. Or maybe more, I don't know yet.

Now, let's start the RP!
If you'd like to say something about this idea or such, feel free to!

EDIT: Just forgot to mention, you can leave the RP whenever you want. Just tell me when you don't want to continue anymore and post a reply where your character disapears, goes away, falls in a trap, dies or something, whatever way you choose, there are many to do so.
But please, don't make just one or two replies and then leave the RP. Except if you really have to do so.
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I was walking, my headphones on my ears, I was listening to my favourite music which I was also humming, watching the others while walking. I was carrying a not very big red and light red striped bag, made by my kind little sister, on my shoulder where I put my MP3 player inside. Maybe I would catch everybody's attention on me wondering what could be this thing I had on my head, but I didn't care about it. After all, I came from a very civilized country where humans and animals lived in harmony and where the animals lived a little like humans.

It was sunny today, but even if the spring was there, it was still a little cold. Some fawns and deers, and other creatures too, were sitting beside each other. Perhaps I should find a good spot where Amika and I could sit. "Hey, little sister, why not-" As I looked back to ask her if we could sit under a tree not very far away from us, I realized that she wasn't behind me anymore. She probably took the opportunity to go somewhere else alone while my back was turned, I thought. I really should be less distracted. I sighed and was about to go looking for her but I told myself that it wouldn't be necessary. If Amika wanted to be alone for a while, I should respect that. Besides, she was older in her head and more mature than she suggested. I decided to sit under that tree. I didn't think that the cold would be a problem for my sister.

I switched my MP3 player off, put my headphones inside the bag and closed my eyes to listen carefully to the forest sounds and the song of the birds. I decided to relax and breathed deeply. A small robin landed on one of my antlers and sang. I smiled, trying to not move to not scare the little red bird away. Maybe I should try to live like the others in the forest, without my human things.
Mary13's picture

Note: Veleda will be wearing

Note: Veleda will be wearing the kabuki mask and a blue hood over her head, so you won't see her face until she decides to reveal it.

Also, I'm sorry in advance, I usually write a lot.. Sad

The demoness grunted. The sunlight was becoming too much.

It had already been a while, probably months, since she had entered the Forest, yet she felt as if the knowledge in this place was overwhelming. If she were in any other dimension than here, she was sure that she could have absorbed all the wisdom in the place already, but in here.. it felt as if she was just standing on the very top of the iceberg, unable to access all the knowledge hidden under the water's surface. Her original plan had been to just spend the winter in this realm, but she had hardly learnt enough to present to her Master. She couldn't just go back like this, with hardly anything to give the other demons in her realm.

Still, she truly wished she'd been finished with this place before the spring had the chance to show its bright, warm face once more. Even though the air was still mostly cold, the days had become much longer, much brighter than before - and the dream-eater didn't paticularly enjoy the sunlight which greatly weakened her. She didn't hate this place, no, quite the opposite. The light and pure energy were just her natural enemies, and they followed her around, no matter which dimension she visited. She would just have to cope with it, while making sure others weren't too suspicious of her. Demons were creatures that were shunned by most, and Veleda wasn't about to take any chances testing out how the inhabitants of this place would react to her. They'd hate her for sure. Not like the demoness cared for much, she had only come here to fulfill her mission, and that was what she would do. If she only could, she'd avoid meeting others as much as possible, and only observe their actions from a safe distance. The red doe gave her the perfect chance to do just that.

The doe discovered the strange red one mostly by accident, but there was something different that she sensed in her, even before she saw the strange device the red female was carrying. A disturbance in the air caught the demoness' attention - a sound wave that didn't quite belong to the atmosphere of the Forest, perhaps something from a distant realm? The other dimensions were inhabited by intelligent, sophisticated creatures that were able to control the power of nature at will, and while this sound wave didn't seem like anything tha twould threaten the forest's ecosystem, it could prove to be perfect research material. The individual possessing the source of these strange sound waves definitely wasn't a local.

The dark blue doe followed the source of the disturbances carefully, not wanting to give herself away. Quietly and precisely, she peeked at the doe from behind one of the thicker forest trees, not far from where she had sat herself. Veleda was baffled to see the strange device that seemed to be the source of the sound waves - and it seemed to have even stranger tubes connecting to the doe's ears. Yet they came off so easily as the stranger took them off, as if they hadn't been connected to her ear canal in the first place. The blue doe hadn't seen advanced technology like that yet, not even in the realm where humans had existed - though, now that she was reminded of it, it HAD been a long time since that visit. Veleda hadn't given the humans or their civilization much credit or notice.

In her excitement to know more, the dream-eater made a common mistake; she leaned to her side too much, probably giving her location away in the process. It was one of her flaws, one she wasn't too proud of. Her childlike curiosity towards anything new still lingered, even though she had already been alive for hundreds of years. She was still awfully careless.
Avatar by me& signature courtesy by velveteensoldier <3
Kamaya's picture

It's okay, I love writing but

It's okay, I love writing but reading as well. Eye
I don't know why but I can see you writing books, this reply was almost like a novel. X3
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I yawned, I didn't sleep very much this night, I kept having nightmares during the whole night. This demon again, this demon shadow which was stalking me. I couldn't put a hoof forward without feeling it following me. I didn't want to sleep, I was too scared to see it again.

I remembered the first night I met it, I was very young at the time, younger than now. I think I was 4 years old in my land. A demon came in my dream. It was very dark, empty, without neither object nor living being except me. I saw this shadow, it was a four legged creature with red glowing eyes. Its paws weren't usual paws, they were very sharp. Its some kind of elbows and the top of its hind legs were spikes like if a leg sharp bone was popping out of them. It also had a long not so big tail and ears, I noticed some weird antennas on his head. With a young demonic voice, it told me its name was Kkapa but more known as Bloody Shadow. It always followed me since, making me have nightmares. It didn't always come in my dreams, but I knew it watched me even when I was sleeping. And this night, I could say it hassled me the whole night. I was glad I didn't wake up Amika, I didn't want to worry her. I never told her about this demon.

I yawned again, the robin on my head flew away. I didn't see it but I could hear it fluttering its wings. I suddenly realized something else than "my" demon was watching me. Maybe it's just my imagination. Or maybe... I slowly opened my eyes, something darker was there, I knew it. But what? Another demon? I didn't dare look behind me nor behind the tree. I tried to calm me down as my heart was beating faster. Naï, Kama, you're probably feeling things, it's just in your head. I layed down, maybe I really need to rest. Besides, I couldn't stay awake too long, especially after having a bad night. I closed my eyes, thinking about something positive to help me fall asleep. Maybe this feeling of having another dark thing watching me would go away.

I woke up under the same tree but everything was dark, empty all around, there were only me, the tree and the grass around it. Is that another nightmare?, I wondered. I hope it won't be as horrible as the ones I had this night. I got up and looked around me before putting a hoof forward, out of the grass, I could feel an invisible floor. "Hello? Is somebody there?" My voice echoed and I felt alone. Even Kkapa's presence would reassure me a little, despite it wanted to make me bad things. Although it helped me sometimes, I never knew why.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Wow, I never wrote that much in a RP.
Mary13's picture

Ahh, thank you so much! I'm

Ahh, thank you so much!
I'm really honored you'd say that, I really love your writing. <3

Something seems to be troubling the red doe, a dark energy that seems to be haunting her thoughts. I cannot tell what she is thinking of, but I know the presence of a nightmare when I see one - after all, the plague of those bad dreams come from my homeland, the land of the wicked. The dimension of the other demonic creatures. Could this poor girl dream of one? The demoness truly hoped that was not the case. No, she was just making unneccesary speculations, she wasn't usually this interested in the troubles of mortals. But the source of dark energy around her, the fear that emitted from her - it naturally interested a creature such as Veleda. She was almost drawn to it. She was attracted to it, similar to how blood attracts predators.

It was her high self-control that stopped the blue doe from just revealing herself on the spot and investigating the intriguing doe further. The dream-eater needed to be more careful about this, if she wanted to keep her identity a secret. By now, the stranger had probably noticed her due to her rookie-like mistake of being too curious, and the main point now was to just act as civil and normal as the doe just could. She had observed the creatures of this forest just enough to know the way they interacted with each other, and she would be safe as long as she kept her calm. The stranger knew not she was a creature of darkness, and Veleda intended to keep it that way. As of now, she didn't have any trouble with the red doe. There seemed to be much in her that the demoness could learn from - the strange device, the dark energy that had floated around her just a moment ago, disappearing as quickly as it had appeared. Just maybe, she could reveal herself to this creature. Something about her seemed troubled and lost.

"It's just me and the wind. Don't be frightened." The blue doe replied to the echoed question, and slowly she revealed her masked figure to the red doe. She tried to be as careful as she could, as she understood the fact that her face was concealed could have provoked suspicion in the red stranger. Fortunately, the forest worked for Veleda's favor this time - most of the creatures here wore some kind of a spell or a wooden mask to hide their faces, and the red doe was no different. Perhaps she wouldn't be so scared. The demoness wanted no trouble, not now. She wouldn't hurt another or disturb the peaceful Balance for no good reason, no matter if her Master ordered her or not. It was the one rule the dream-eater would always break. Every living creature deserved a fair chance, especially if she could benefit from the knowledge they possessed. "Why are you alone in a place like this?" The doe asked gently, her hollow, deep voice slightly muffled by the mask she had on her face. "These woods can be a dangerous place." The doe looked around suspiciously, as if to strengthen the message of her words. Many hunters and monsters, some even worse than the demonic creatures, lurked between the trees. The red doe didn't look that strong to Veleda.
Kamaya's picture

Oh...thank you...

Oh...thank you...
You know, I only say what I think. Eye
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I suddenly heard a female voice answering to my question, I could barely see someone in the dark, I could only see a mask. I recognized it, my little sister had a mask encyclopedia, I think it was called a Kabuki mask. At first, I was scared, it was hard for me to trust this unknown one after all the tricks my demon played on me. Always changing its voice, making me believe that it was a reliable person, but it wasn't. I stepped backwards, my heart beating faster again.

When I heard the question, I was hesitant about answering. Wait a minute, I suddenly wondered. If it's Kkapa, why is it asking me that kind of question? It's supposed to already know that, it follows me since I'm a child. Maybe it wasn't this demon again, maybe it was someone else. Perhaps someone reliable this time? "You mean the forest?, I said calmly. I am not really alone, I have my little sister with me. Though she vanished earlier while I was distracted by the forest and the music I was listening to." I looked at the stranger for a while before adding: "I...we have nowhere to go. We can't come back to our land, it has been devasted by invaders. They killed our family, all the inhabitants! I'm pretty sure we are the last survivors of that invasion. I know it can be dangerous but our land is surely uninhabitable now. I guess we'll probably live in these woods forever...until we die." My heart sank at the idea of not being able to come back home anymore. I missed my parents, my old friends, my favourite places... I missed everything. A tear rolled down my cheek, I restrained myself from crying. I lost everything, except my so young little sister, my poor little orphan sister. I could give my own life for her, I could do anything for her.

I layed down and put my head between my two legs. It was too much for me. I cried, forgetting about the female stranger. Will I be happy again? No, no need to search for happiness, it was hopeless now. My heart was dead, broken by winged invader tigers I never saw before this invasion. I looked at the unknown female, trying to stop crying. "I'm...I'm sorry, I said getting up and wiping away my tears. I..." I tried to calm down. I suddenly heard an almost inaudible growl. I immediately looked behind me but there was nothing. Probably my imagination again. I looked at the stranger again, breathing deeply.
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

To be honest, I almost cried while I was writing this reply.
Mary13's picture

Aww..

Aww.. <3

The demoness definitely hadn't been expecting such an outburst of emotion, and she was speechless as the red doe started to cry in front of her. A lot of confusion and a lot of questions formed in the dream-eater's mind. Had she said something wrong? Had she scared the younger doe? What could she do now? Veleda herself had forgotten how to cry a long, long time ago, and she found it hard to find the empathy in her to understand. She understood not of how or why the mortals saw the need to cry - she had known it once, but one tends to forget the perks of truly being alive after having spend their time in the depths of darkness. In truth, it even made the blue doe a tad jealous - this stranger could feel a lot more emotions that the demoness could, feelings she had stopped to recognize. Peculiar creatures, these mortals were. Always ready to laugh, and always ready to cry.

Veleda still had the ability to feel saddened. It seemed as if she had caused this unexpected reaction, and she certainly hadn't wanted to see this. Even if she was a dark creature, she still had a beating heart. She was still able to feel sympathy for this creature. The sadness and anguish that the stranger released around her was flowing straight to the blue doe's heart, and she could almost taste the sorrow herself. Such a deep pit of hopelessness! It made the demoness' chest ache. Even though she was mostly uninterested in the petty lives of these forest creatures, there was no way she'd just turn around and leave. The red doe needed some company. Veleda wasn't sure if she could provide that, but it'd be dangerous to leave this female alone. It really looked like she needed someone to listen to her.

The demoness awaited patiently for the other doe to calm down, listening closely to her tale about her old home. There wasn't much the blue doe was able to understand from it, since she didn't think she'd ever been to that realm she was talking about, not unless she gained more information. She really wasn't sure as to what she could say in a situation like this - she wasn't the best when it came to comforting, and she certainly didn't know what it would feel like to lose her own home. She felt like hollow, pointless words would have only added to the fire. Words couldn't bring anything back, and the dream-eater knew that well. She had been a mortal once, as well.

As the red doe finally managed to calm down a little, Veleda walked to her, slowly taking her time. She wanted to make sure the other one knew she wasn't about to hurt her, nor blame her for crying. "There, there. It's alright." She whispered as she stopped next to her, trying to help the red doe to calm down. Her voice was like that of a mother's, softly comforting their child. The voice was genuine - after all, the demoness had once been a mother. She used that soft spoken voice from experience. "You're safe now, and I'm sure your sister is too. Take your time." The blue doe sat down next to her, slowly inspecting her through the small holes in her mask. "There's no need to be scared. Even though there are hunters in this place, there's nothing that could take your new home away from you."
Kamaya's picture

"You're right, I said,

"You're right, I said, standing up and looking right in front of me. This forest is our new home, and I won't let anyone take it away from us." As I was saying these words, I lifted one of my fore leg and gave a violent hoof thump on the floor without realizing it. I looked at the doe next to me. I could see her better now. She was blue and white with dark blue hair, her tail was of feathers and now I could definitely say she was wearing a Kabuki mask. "I feel a little better now... Thanks to you and my cries. My mother always told me crying can make you feel better sometimes. It's been a while I didn't cry like this since I lost my old plushie when I was a child. I'm sure it's this demon who stole it from me." I sat down. "You know, I always attracted spirits and mostly demons, I can be easily possessed. I met many demons and not all of them were such evil. I was even friend with one of them. But this demon which is stalking me since I am a fawn is so evil. But...it sometimes helped me and I never knew why. Some nights it wants my death and the other nights it wants to help me." Although there were only rare times where it did help me, I added in my mind.

I never told anyone about this, especially not in my land. In Marity, this kind of thing could be considered as a curse and they would torture you to "bless" you if you were "cursed". I didn't think this would happen here, in the Endless Forest, but I was too afraid to scare the others with my demons and possessions stories. Perhaps they wouldn't accept me because of that. The only one who knew about that was Amika. I didn't know why I told this blue doe about it, but something told me to talk to someone else than my sister. I suddenly realized that I felt better and better as I told the stranger about these tings. A smile came upon my face, my sorrow was slowly going away and I looked what I had. My little sister. I still had her, after all. I didn't lose everything, what I have left is still more important. I put my hoof in my bag and got a chain out of it where a red half of cristal heart was hanging. Words were carved on it.

Sisters by chance,

"My sister made this for me, I said. She has the other half with the rest of the sentence on it. This thing is very precious to me. Even if this sentence is a quotation from a TV show she watched at our old home." I knew the doe would want to know what would be this curious necklace, I put it around my neck and looked at it again. Suddenly and again, I heard a growl behind me, this time it was more audible, I jumped on my four hooves and hastened to the other side of the unknown female. "Did...did you hear that?" I said, a little in panic. This time, I was sure it wasn't my hkimagination, it was too real. I looked at the source of the growl, but there was nothing.
Mary13's picture

Again, the demoness didn't

Again, the demoness didn't make any interruptions or quick movements, she just listened. Ears fully drawn to the other doe's direction, Veleda did nothing else for a long while but take in all the words that the other one spoke. At first, the beginning sounded sweet; the dream-eater always enjoyed hearing of the different relationships that mortals had - a family , parents or sisters, grandparents.. things she herself had forgotten long ago. Veleda could only remember her own sickly son, who had long since passed away. Even though she was over his death, the fact was that she still remembered him, even after turning into a demon herself. She should have forgotten about him, as well. However, as the memory still remained steadfast in her mind, the blue doe did want to cherish it, keep the image of her son alive for as long as possible. Hearing about the families of mortals always helped her do just that. Hearing of how happy they were together or how happy they had been together - another aspect for the demoness to be jealous of, but she didn't let that show. She still enjoyed hearing about it. The red doe had a beautiful voice.

However, as soon as the other doe started speaking of a demon following her, Veleda frowned. Was there really another demon in this place that she didn't know about? The blue doe was usually able to point out the auras of others that shared the same kind, so it was worrying to know that there was one she hadn't even heard of. She had to keep track of all the demons in this realm, for she'd maybe have to work with them, should her Master command her to do that. Not only that, but if this was a wild demon the red doe spoke of - things could get ugly between them. As a bound demoness, it was Veleda's responsibility to annihilate any demons that might be outside of their rules and law. Demons without a master or a home could prove to be really dangerous, especially for the red doe. True, she did have a certain spirit to her, one that attracted the creatures from the other worlds. Even Veleda had been attracted to that spirit she had - but she couldn't just tell the stranger that she herself was a demon, now could she? What would the red doe think? Veleda had to make sure her secret wouldn't be out. It could put the red female in a more dangerous position than now. "Do you know what this demon wants from you? Has it tried to hurt you?" The blue doe asked, her voice cold and hollow. If possible, she could try to exterminate this demon, stop it from bothering this woman again.

Before Veleda had a chance to investigate the strange heart that the red doe showed her, an audible growl interrupted her - a low, foul sound, full of hunger, and full of hatred. Was the source that same dark energy that the demoness had sensed earlier? Did the demon that was following the red doe sense the presence of another demon? Veleda sure hoped it was just an ordinary creature from the forest, and not what she feared it to be. She tried to remain calm, as she knew fear only gave possible enemies more power. "Yes, I did." She answered the frightened doe, peeking at her through her mask with an investigating look. "I sensed it earlier - something dark is surrounding you. Could it be the demon you speak of?"

She really hoped it wasn't a fight brewing.
Kamaya's picture

"I...It is probable." I

"I...It is probable." I replied. I waited some seconds but nothing more happened. I sighed. "Maybe we should walk for a while, I don't feel good staying here", I said, uneasy. I stood up and began to walk. "Anyway, to answer to your question, I don't know what it wants from me. And it hurts me only in my dreams, hence the fact that I'm wondering if it wants to kill me or if it simply wants to make my life a living hell." Speaking about my demon made me uneasier. I tried to not take care of it, I could feel it following us. Go away, demonic creature! Leave us alone! I yelled in my mind, I was afraid that it could attack the blue female too.

As I was walking in the dark and empty space, I noticed something a little far away. After coming closer, I realized it was an old red stuffed fox. It was the plush from my childhood. I looked back at the doe, a little surprised. What was my old plushie doing here? How did it get there? Perhaps my memory interfering with my dream? When I looked around, more rememberings appeared. My old home, a picture of me and my parents, my favourite book, my favourite spots... Like if I was back in Marity. I closed my eyes and thought about the maritic islands. When I re-opened them, the dark and empty space became a very large valley with mountains, hills, a lake and flower fields. The blue sky was there, it was a little cloudy though. I couldn't believe it. It was the Beautiful Valley, one of the most beautiful places in Marity and I was on the top of one of its hills. Everything was like in my rememberings, there was another hill with a mountain a little far in front of it. A way of colorful flowers was from this hill to the moutain and was turning to the right and zigzaging between the two other hills to another mountain. We could see a lake next to it.

I jumped to the bottom of the hill and layed down on my back before moving in every direction in the middle of the flowers. Suddenly, I stood up, some flower petals on my pelt. Something was wrong. I looked at the female stranger who was still on the top of the hill. She was still there. But...logically...isn't she supposed to be gone? I thought she was just a doe from my imagination...or maybe she is real.
Mary13's picture

The demoness followed the

The demoness followed the other doe slowly, taking her time to watch the road behind them with every three steps. True enough, the dark presence was following the red doe as they walked, keeping its distance but never losing sight of its target. Veleda wondered if it'd be possible to find out what exactly this demon wanted from this doe - she didn't seem like the type that would get into trouble or harm another on purpose. She was just a lost soul whose home had been taken away from her. Demons always desired something from their targets, and the dream-eater intended to find out just what it was this particular one wanted. She didn't believe that the red doe deserved any of this.

She was about to ask where the red doe wanted them to go, but stopped as she noticed what was happening to the female - she didn't seem to be here. It was as if she was seeing something that the blue doe couldn't see - the eyes of the red doe seemed distant, even out of this world. Perhaps she was revisiting memories, perhaps she was seeing something she loved? The demoness wasn't sure, but she didn't mind. She remained quiet, careful not to disturb the other doe - this could be something important to her, and Veleda allowed to let her dream. She had seen situations similar to this. The blue doe watched the other one patiently, allowing her to return to this moment when she would be ready.

As the other doe seemed to come to once more, the demoness softly trotted to her, inspecting her face carefully. It was interesting how little she could understand of this creature. Perhaps she was one of those types that were obsessed with the past, unable to live in this moment. It seemed to be something that was the same no matter who the person was, only that their histories were different - Veleda wasn't able to understand it as they did, and thus it intrigued her. "Are you alright? You seemed to black out for a moment there." She asked the other one, still making sure her voice was gentle. She was curious as to what had just happened.
Kamaya's picture

I shook my head violently.

I shook my head violently. "Oh, hum...yes, sorry. I...hum...nevermind." When I looked all around me, everything was gone. Dark and empty space again. I sighed, for a moment I really thought I was back at home. But, it was just my imagination...again. In fact, everything was gone. Except one thing. The picture of me, Amika and our parents, it was lying on the floor. I miss you, mother and father... I never called them "mommy and daddy" or "mom and dad", only Amika called them like that. I always called them "mother and father" without any reason. I stayed like that, staring at my parents' face on the picture. I would have wished to see them again. But I knew it was impossible now. They were dead. My father was dead. I didn't know for my mother, but I was sure she was dead too.

I looked at the unknown female, I came closer to her and lifted my right fore leg. "Say...Now that I think about it. Are you real or just in my head?" I felt uncomfortable asking her that question, ready to touch her in case of. I didn't know how she would react, but I didn't think, I did it. "And more important...who are you?" I talked to her since I-don't-know-how-much-time but I didn't know anything about her. What was she? What was her name? Why is she doing here? Many questions ran through my mind. And it was time for me to know the answers.
Mary13's picture

While the blue doe was

While the blue doe was disappointed with the evading reply that the female gave her, she knew that it meant it must have been something very important for the red one. It wasn't Veleda's place or desire to dig any further into something that only the red doe understood and cared for. Her business was her own. The demoness didn't like snooping into the business of others so carelessly. If the girl didn't want to tell her, so be it - funny, though, she had been so open mere moments ago. Had something scared her to the point of not talking?

Veleda recoiled and stood back when the stranger asked her strange question. She had secretly hoped that it wouldn't come to this, this explained just why the red doe had been so open with her. She seemed to think that the blue doe was an illusion, or something similar to it - what a mess. The demoness stayed quiet for a long while, gazing at the other female through her mask once more, investigating her closely. To be honest, it would be easier for Veleda if the red doe thought her to be a creation of her own mind, but the dream-eater never told lies. She didn't want to take advantage of this poor lost soul. "I'll let you decide if I'm real or not, if I am really here." She answered bluntly, her voice mysterious but curious. "Who knows, perhaps I do only exist in your mind. I guess you'll have to touch me and find out." She stepped closer to the other female, exposing her side in case the stranger wanted to do it. A small part of her hoped that the red doe wouldn't - would she sense the dark energy surrounding the demoness? Would she discover what she was? Master, protect me. She thought as she awaited the red doe's reaction. This could either go right, or terribly wrong.

The second question was just as unwelcome as the first one, and the blue doe wanted to remain mostly nameless to others in fear of being found out. While this doe didn't seem like she'd just run around spreading gossip of other peoples' names, Veleda couldn't take that risk. "I'm terribly sorry, but I do not usually speak my name for others. Names can have power, the kind of power that could be used for darker purposes. You can call me V. Just V." She replied quietly, her tone evasive. "And who are you? Do you have a name?"
Kamaya's picture

I thought I felt the blue doe

I thought I felt the blue doe stressed as I asked her these two questions. Perhaps she hid something grimmer than I thought? When she exposed her side to me, I took a deep breath and slowly touched her. I became paralysed for some seconds before taking some steps backwards. She was real but something was wrong with her. What? I didn't know. But this strange feeling I felt while I touched her reminded me of something. But again, what? I didn't know either. However much I searched, I could not find.

"I understand, I said after she answered to my second question. I guess your name starts with a V." But when she asked me who I was and what was my name, I hesitated. Is it wise to trust her or not? She refused to answer my questions, I was sure she was hiding something bad. But the little voice in my head which was supposed to be my ckue* told me I needed help and someone else than my family to talk to. I had Mandel for that, but there were things I didn't want to tell him about. However, I told this unknown female about them, it was probably a little too late to go back. Why don't you give her a chance? Maybe she is reliable, at least more than your own demon. This little voice was right. Even if I felt something dark inside her, it was less than inside Kkapa. "My name is Kamaya, it means "daytime" in the language of my land. You can call me just "Kama" for short. Nice to meet you, V."

I didn't want to insist. If she didn't want to tell her name nor what she was, even because she hid something grim, I respected that. "I've got a twin brother who has a name which means "nighttime", it's Nutai, I added. But I didn't see him again since I left Marity." I thought the blue doe would want to know the name of my land. "Hum...say...I wanted to thank you for having stayed with me and listened to me." I said, walking towards the tree. "I guess it's time for me to wake up." I thought about what was just happened. I suddenly looked back at the doe. "And...sorry for earlier, I don't usually tell my dreams or what I see to anyone. I think it is personal and that it regards only me." I added as I remembered that the doe seemed disappointed when I didn't want to tell her anything about the valley and all the things I saw. "I hope I'll see you again, in my dreams or in the real world."
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

*Ckue ("koo-eh"): maritin word which means "conscience".
Mary13's picture

I apologise for the lateness!

I apologise for the lateness! ;v;

As the red doe touched the demoness, she held in her breath, praying that the gods - may it be the gods of this place or somewhere else - wouldn't reveal her being to the other doe. What would she think if she knew that the blue doe was related to one of those creatures haunting her? Veleda didn't want to scare her off, or make her feel threatened. But she didn't want to lie, either - if the red doe would ask just what she was, the blue doe would tell her the truth, and then see what would happen. As long as the red doe was able to keep secrets, it would be fine, right? She didn't look like someone that would run around spreading the secrets of others. But then again, what did she really understand about mortals, or just this doe?

When Kamaya finally revealed her name, Veleda nodded to thank her. It mustn't have been easy, revealing your identity to a stranger like that. "It is nice to meet you, 'Kama'. I thank you for trusting me. People seem to be so careful about names these days." And for a good reason, She added to herself, feeling as if it would have only made the red doe awfully curious and ask her something that she wouldn't want to answer. Of course, should the doe ask something, Veleda wouldn't hesitate. Everyone had the right to know the truth, and hear it just how many times that they wanted. For now, her name was hopefully enough for both sides.

The demoness listened closely as Kamaya spoke, allowing her to finish everything that she had on her heart before taking her own turn. Trying her best to express a smile even through the strange mask that she had picked up from the forest, Veleda's voice stayed gentle, even motherly. Hers was the voice of a woman who had seen many years in her life, rough and experienced, but still kind and inviting. "You don't have to apologise for anything, girl. Your troubles feel much lighter once you speak of them, don't they? I don't mind, I have all the time in the world." Even though she didn't let it show, the last sentence brought a sting of sorrow to her heart. It'd still be hundreds of mortal years before Veleda's soul would be finally put to 'peace' - if you could call spending an eternity in the underworld being 'at peace'. One of the many reasons why the blue doe was jealous of the mortals - after they passed, most of them were carried to the light, healed and purified. Their time was limited.

In order to forget her own grim thoughts and to draw the attention away from herself, Veleda recoiled from her silence as quickly as she could, and focused on something that interested her more. "You mentioned you were from a place called 'Marity?' I don't believe I've ever been there, or heard the language. Can you tell me more about it?" Veleda was always interested in learning of new places and languages, to gain more knowledge to the endless, messy library that was her mind. Sometimes answers just brought on new questions that needed their own answers. And this "Marity" was still a big question in her mind.

[Bump]
Kamaya's picture

"Names are not just names. If

"Names are not just names. If you see what I mean. But I don't think you're a bad person, even if I barely know you." I smiled.

As I was about to wake up, V asked another question. It was about Marity. I thought I wouldn't lose anything telling her everything since the land was already dead. "Actually, I'm not surprise you didn't, I said, trying to keep the smile. We can access Marity only through portals, but only a maritic person can create them. We were making special portals for tourists before the invasion. Marity is a country composed of nine islands, a big one, which is the main island, four small ones above and four other above them. On the whole, they form a wolf paw print. The four islands above the others aren't...I mean...weren't inhabited, in fact."

"Humans and animals lived together there. The books I read said that that at first, the animals didn't trust the humans but then, they discovered that human technology was very helpful and that they could be very fascinating. So they began to act a little like humans. Almost every cats walked like them, on their two hind legs. We lived with humans since so many years. I know that they usually create portals to the real human world so they could know the last news and technologies. The maritic people were very believers, if you could see the number of gods we believe in. We never knew about the Twin Gods, but my mother told me about this place, the Endless Forest. She said she went there once and that if she could, she would come back there again. She told me about the places, the Twin Gods and everything." A tear rolled down my cheek once again. "Oh, if only you could hear her, it was like if she was telling us one of her amazing dreams."

[Bump this in case of]