The Moon Child[RP]

Kamaya's picture
I know, I have already 3 on-going RPs. But the thing is, they are slow and the Silence RP didn't have any reply since I-don't-know-how-many-days. So I can't hide you I'm a little bored but stay patient though. I also wanted to RP as Nutai.

Don't know if I should RP as him in third person or first. Hmmm...maybe a mix of both? What do you think?
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

It was night now, the fireflies were there, flying above the flowers. While all, or almost, the creatures in the forest were sleeping, Nutai decided to see if they were sleeping peacefully. He wanted to make sure the nightmares weren't overstaying in their mind. He was insomniac, but in fact, he didn't need to rest at night since the moon, his astral mother, gave him all the energy he needed. However, at night, he usually come into his sisters' dreams. What was awful for him is that he always felt powerless each time he watched Kamaya's nightmares without being able to fight them as they were too powerful for him. He couldn't see her suffering anymore, it was too much for him.

Tonight, it was the full moon, my powers were probably stronger now but not enough to help my twin sister. I was hoping that, by entering the others' dreams and fight their nightmares, I would become stronger and stronger and learn more about my own powers. As I looked around me, everybody seemed to be in a deep and peaceful sleep. I kept on searching for nightmares. Not very powerful nightmares. Basic nightmares. I looked at Moon. She was watching over me, shining in the sky. Please, Mother, help me, I prayed, like if she could do something.

Nutai always considered the moon as his real mother. For him, she's the reason why he is alive. In fact, he shouldn't have been born. His "biological" mother was supposed to have brought only Kamaya into the world. But one night, she felt bad as she was pregnant of the red fawn since 7 months. It was the full moon at this time and it was shining throught the window of her bedroom. The next day, while she went to the doctor to see how was her future daughter, the doctor told her there was another child in her womb. She almost cried of joy, knowing she would have another baby. When he was born, the moon was afraid the sun would hurt him so it hid it.

Moon always took care of me as well as my biological mother did. She told me about Marity, the world where I was born in. She said that long time ago, it was a beautiful and peaceful land inhabited by animals. But one day, humans came, they forced the animals to live like them and with them. At the beginning, it was awful. But then, the animals had to admit that human technology was very useful for them and they learned many good and bad things about humans. They got along with each other, playing together and helping each other. Even some animals began to walk like humans.

Would you mind if a took an

Would you mind if a took an attempt at this with Erik? I'll most likely have the beginnings of his bio up tomorrow.
Kamaya's picture

Go ahead!

Go ahead! Eye

Erik's about 26 on the size

Erik's about 26 on the size chart, if you want to know.
-------------

The forest was looked so much more different at night than in the daytime. And quieter. The canine-like creature notices that the fireflies have taken their que to come out and dance. It stops by a tree and begins settling down to watch them, when it hears words that sound like a prayer. They aren't directed to him-- of course they aren't, this isn't his 'verse therefore no one knows of it. But they aren't directed to any of the gods here, either. Instead, it sounds like it's directed to... the moon? How peculiar.

Without turning his head, he knows the voice comes from a deer, one of those human faced ones, to his left. A small thing. Sniffing the air, the deer smells of periwinkles and rain.

It get's up, stretches its muscles-- he ran a lot today-- and approaches the small deer; its steps are light, as if he's barely touching the ground. He makes sure to keep his voice careful when it talks. "Why do you pray to the moon instead of the gods here like the others?"
TreeDancer's picture

May I rp with my fawn

May I rp with my fawn Rohalla? She is the moon goddess/spirit reincarnated and though she is a fawn would hear his plea (and would see him as her child in a weird way XD)
Also on a full moon her head turns into a floating moon and would have knowledge beyond her fawn form (could speak in her moon language to them)
Kamaya's picture

Why not? Though I don't think

Why not? Though I don't think Nutai knows this moon language, but I think he may want to learn it. ^-^
TreeDancer's picture

In her full moon form

In her full moon form (literally a deer body with a round floating moon head XD) she probably could speak his language too.

She was sitting still. Her form changed by the full moon. This form was slow, calculating and intelligent. Much like her last form. It was then she heard a strange voice, familiar and soft. It caused her to rise, slowly then almost hover to where the voice came from. She'd grown only a little since her rebirth in the forest and so her image was not very impressive. But the energy she emitted would be enough for those sensitive to her to feel. "Hello there...I remember you..." The voice said, almost distant and echoed and far more ancient than the small form suggested. The moon rotated in it's place above the deer body as she stood there as a statue waiting to be acknowledged. Would this being recognize her in this form? She sure did remember them. Always watching those children of the night, those that appreciated her beauty and spoke to her. Even though her form is small, a child of this world, her soul is the ancient being of the celestial silk sky. The goddess of the stars.
Kamaya's picture

Nutai stopped, as he heard a

Nutai stopped, as he heard a voice directed to him. He turned to the direction where it came from and saw a strange wolf with fire as tail, it had six legs and two pairs of eyes. What a strange creature, he thought. Very interesting though. The wolf-like thing asked him a question, the blue stag didn't hesitate to answer. "I do mostly, he said, smiling to the creature. But Moon is my mother, I talk to her sometimes at night." He stared at the six-legged wolf. "And you? Why are you not sleeping?" he added. His voice was soft and friendly.

Suddenly, I heard another voice. A female one this time. I looked up and saw a strange fawn with...a moon as head? There are so many strange creatures in this forest, I told myself. But the moon head made me realize that it may be another Moon's child...or herself? "Mo...Mother?" I said, surprised. She never told me she could do that. But then, my surprise turned into joy. "Come, please." I looked at the wolfy creature, waiting for his reaction. Maybe he would be scared or such, seeing this.
TreeDancer's picture

I will let Ace reply before I

I will let Ace reply before I reply again ^^, go in a posting order so things dont get confusing if that is ok Smiling
Kamaya's picture

That's how RPs work in fact.

That's how RPs work in fact. X3

Sorry about that guys. We

Sorry about that guys. We were going through a major storm and I was afraid to charge my computer.
----------------------

The moon as his mother? Could he mean that as figuratively? Or does he really come from the moon's powers? It wasn't for sure, but he could sense something unusual from this deer. He wasn't like the others that he has met so far. He wasn't afraid of his appearance for one.

The hybrid returned the smile."I do not need to sleep." He thought of the fawn from a few days ago that wanted it to do everything without any rest in between. "But I do need rest." It said as an afterthought. He didn't bother to ask the question in return since he figured the moon had influence over the deer's sleeping habits.

Hearing a soft, echoing voice surprised him. He had thought everyone near was sleeping. It turned it's head in the direction of the voice and saw a tiny fawn with the head of a full moon and a pale pelt filled with what looked liked shining stars. She was ancient, he could tell.
Okasus's picture

Might I join in this RP?

Might I join in this RP? Laughing out loud
Kamaya's picture

@ AceAshling: Don't worry, no

@ AceAshling: Don't worry, no need to apologize. Eye

@ Okasus: Sure! Just wait TreeDancer replies and then it will be your turn! Eye
Okasus's picture

Ah okay! :3 Is there a

Ah okay! :3 Is there a specific order?

(I'll be using Okasus, average TEF sized deer with the golden butterfly pelt, shorter black antlers, and realistic deer mask/face)
Kamaya's picture

Yes, like all RPs in fact (or

Yes, like all RPs in fact (or almost). Just look who joined the RP the first etc…
TreeDancer's picture

"I am mother to many" her

"I am mother to many" her echoed voice rang as she moved closer. "My form is different as you can see, but my ancient body had perished, my and my sister's soul was brought here to heal." she explained before standing before the other. Her attention turned to the other as well. Although in this odd form she could not 'turn' her head, one could feel that her gaze was on them on a more spiritual level. "But even now I can sense when one is speaking to my many other dimensional forms. I sense your voice as you speak to her" it motioned to the moon in this forest's sky. "She is both me and not me and so yes I am both your mother and not your mother" a soft laugh followed.
Okasus's picture

Okasus was resting in the old

Okasus was resting in the old oak, its flanks rising and falling as it slept. The moon and starry sky above helped it rest, and it occasionally flicked an ear as a sound disturbed it. Hearing a quiet conversation here and there, Okasus opened one eye and blinked, then got up and stretched. Its legs curled out from under it as the gender-neutral deer stood up, and placed its hooves gently on the ground.

Spotting some other deer half asleep or treading quietly around during the dark hours, Okasus slowly walked out from under the oak and raised its head to sniff the air.
Kamaya's picture

Nutai kept smiling, mother or

Nutai kept smiling, mother or not mother, she seemed nice and he wanted to know more about her. He waved to her to came closer to the wolf-like creature and sat to hold out his hooves towards them so they could shake paws/hooves. "My name is Nutai Darkoleon, he said. But please, I pray you to call me just Nutai. What are yours?"
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Sorry if it was short, didn't have inspiration. :c

The hybrid watched as the

The hybrid watched as the moon fawn walked up to the stag and him, feeling when her gaze landed on him.

It tilted his head at the little stag's, Nutai, actions, but smiled and held up his right front paw and touched it to the stag's. "Hello Nutai. You can call me Erik." He heard a snuffling a distance away, but didn't bother to announce it, waiting for the other two to pick up on it.
TreeDancer's picture

The motion with the hooves

The motion with the hooves was quite odd. She'd not seen that at all in this new realm and hadn't really paid attention to such things in her past life either. However she raised her hoof and did the same anyway. "Rohalla" her voice echoed, seeming to not come from her but from everywhere. The trees, sky and earth. "that is my name"
Okasus's picture

Okasus walked a little

Okasus walked a little further until it noticed a strange gathering of deer. Coming a bit closer to Nutai, Rohalla, and the wolfish beast, it was careful to upset the other animals. It stopped a few meters away, watching the interaction and curiously breathing in the unfamiliar scents.
Kamaya's picture

Sorry for the late reply, was

Sorry for the late reply, was very busy. Also, I lack inspiration.
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

"Glad to meet you, Erik, Rohalla." He gave a nod to each one he said the name. "I was searching for..." As he was talking, he stopped, feeling someone else nearby. He looked all around and spotted it. He turned towards it and throw, being careful to not wake up the other creatures nearby: "Come here, my friend! Don't be afraid nor shy!" With a gesture, he encouraged the new stranger to come. The wind picked up and the moon was high in the sky now.

He lowered his paw and bowed

He lowered his paw and bowed his head. "It is nice to meet you too Nutai." He turned to the statue-esque moon fawn, "And you as well Lady Rohalla."

It sat on its hunches as it watched as Nutai beckoned the newcomer. He wondered if the deer was this welcoming to all. Could he even tell if a bad spirit from a good one if one walked up to him? He seemed to accept others easily enough. As nice as that was it could cause problems for the deer.

It let a few of its other eyes appear to get a clearer view on everything wanting to watch the newcomer make their approach along with Rohalla, but ultimately keeping his gaze on Nutai.
TreeDancer's picture

"I'm glad to have met you all

"I'm glad to have met you all in this form. When the full moon passes I'll revert to the reincarnated young child that was born to this forest through the gods" She explained , keeping herself still as ever save for the gentle rotation of her moon head. "However my knowledge of my many thousands of years prior to this world remain as will my memory, I just will not be able to converse like this until the next full moon" she said with a slight hint of sadness to her tone. She was not use to aging. It had been many a millennia since she'd last experienced it and the process was slow and frustrating to her. But at the same time exciting.
Okasus's picture

Okasus came forward and bowed

Okasus came forward and bowed its head, smiling.
"Greetings fellow creatures..." It looked over at the moon deer, the wolfish beast, and the other deer. When it got a better look at the wolf creature, its eyes widened and it took a step back.
"I have never seen someone like that before," Okasus said. "What is that?"

Kamaya's picture

I was very surprised to see

I was very surprised to see creatures awaken this night, I was used to wander alone. Being a young fawn, it was very sad for me. No one to play with, no one to spend some time with, no one to admire the beautiful moon with. So much loneliness.

As he looked at the others, he was wondering what could be their bonds. Will they be friends? Or enemies? The young adult always considered the others as his friends, even if it wasn't reciprocal. He only considered them as his enemies if they harmed him many times or such. His yellow eyes, almost glowing in the night lighted up by the full moon, went from the moon-headed fawn to the wolf-like beast, from the wolf-like beast to the other deer and from the other deer to the moon-headed fawn. All different, but all has its own advantage. Nutai knew it. He knew how differences were as important as the common things.

I remembered the time where I was a child, I never left Kamaya, we had so much in common. But we also had differences. One of them really caused many damages in our reliationship, the young red fawn was jealous because I had powers unlike her. If I could share them with her, it would be so beautiful. One night, I entered in her dreams and I showed her a beautiful place in the night, where stars were falling in the sky. I chased her fears away and we both climbed on one of these stars, we even flew away from the planet, looking at the space all around us. It was...unbelievable. In fact, the words were useless to describe this spectable. When she woke up, her eyes were shining just like twin stars, she hugged me the whole day, telling me how happy the dream made her, but she knew that even these words couldn't express her true feeling.

As the newcomer asked about Erik, the blue stag was pulled from his rememberings. "Oh, well. There are so many creatures which you don't know the existence, me neither by the way, he let out a little laugh. But don't be afraid, I don't think he's evil nor bad." Or at least, that's what he thought. "By the way, what is your name?"

The canine wondered what the

The canine wondered what the moon-headed deer meant by not being able to converse like she was until next full moon. She had said that her memories and knowledge had stayed, but could it be that she only had them fully in this phase.

He was about to ask this when the newcomer spoke up and said his greetings. He saw the other step back when his eyes landed on him. "Nutai is right; there are much more scarier creatures than I that are out there." It told the new deer plainly as he now turned its head towards them.

TreeDancer's picture

Rohalla went silent and just

Rohalla went silent and just looked at the others patiently. She was never one to press conversation and in this form that was esspecially true.
(so sorry for how short it is -_-)
Okasus's picture

Okasus sniffed at the wolfish

Okasus sniffed at the wolfish beast and then nodded, seeming to calm down and move closer to the others.

"My name is Okasus, and you may call me he, she, or it, or they, or whatever you may wish." It laughed lightly. "I'm genderless."
Kamaya's picture

"Nice to meet you, Okasus." I

"Nice to meet you, Okasus." I smiled. "You probably heard us introducing each other, am I right? What are you doing so late in the night?" I sat down, waiting for his answer.

Know that he was thinking about it, maybe these creatures could help him improve his powers. They probably have nightmares sometimes, haven't they? Moon...or Rohalla, could probably help him. Or perhaps she was powerless towards the dreams sleepers have at night. He could fight all their nightmares, and it could be good for both sides. Nutai would become powerful and besides, the others would be able to sleep peacefully. However, the blue stag didn't know how to broach the subject.

A part of Erik's mind began

A part of Erik's mind began to wonder away from the conversation, not minding the deer that was sniffing it, as a few of its eyes caught sight of the fireflies still dancing in their celebration of the summer nights, head still facing the deer. As he watched them they reminded him of his origin; so many beings there that illuminated. So many odd beings there... Sort of like this place, he guesses.

The part of Erik's mind that was still tuned into the conversation waited for Okasus' answer to Nutai's question. Erik had figured the reason wasn't like any of theirs-- he not needing sleep, Rohalla was the moon so he doubted that she slept at this time, and Nutai... well his previous thought of the moon having influence over the deer's sleeping habits still stood.
TreeDancer's picture

Rohalla stood, silently

Rohalla stood, silently watching the conversation. As of now she was more like the actual celestial body in that she made no comment but was a illuminated presence to keep them company. She'd likely not speak unless spoken to. But she kept tabs on every word each being here special to her ancient mind. She did not want to leave them now. Not while she had the opportunity to speak to them in a way that made sense compared to her more fawn like speech any other time.
Okasus's picture

Okasus smiled. "I wander at

Okasus smiled. "I wander at all times. I don't always give myself a set sleeping schedule, so I end up usually going to other deer for company when I'm awake."

The deer looked over at Rohalla. "Might I ask how you ever got such a unique ... head? And form?" It sounded genuinely curious, and turned to give all its attention to her.
Kamaya's picture

I sat down, watching the

I sat down, watching the others replying. Looks like there are more creatures who don't sleep at night, I thought.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sorry, so short but I didn't want you all wait any longer.
Kamaya's picture

Okay, so since I have lost

Okay, so since I have lost interest in the RP and Ashe in his character, do you, TreeDancer and Okasus, still have interest in it?
Okasus's picture

I certainly do not mind the

I certainly do not mind the RP, if TreeDancer wants to continue I will too but if not I do not mind stopping it. c: It was a good experience nonetheless.
TreeDancer's picture

I was enjoying it but i don't

I was enjoying it but i don't mind if you want to end it. She's always open for interaction though just so you all know OUO
Kamaya's picture

Aw, sorry TreeDancer. But

Aw, sorry TreeDancer. But well, I'd love to RP again as Nutai with Rohalla one day! Smiling
TreeDancer's picture

ofc! I'm on a game hiatus but

ofc! I'm on a game hiatus but I want to rp still Smiling (just the game itself) I like text rp more anyway XD
Kamaya's picture

Haha. Me too. X3

Haha. Me too. X3